Here are pageant tips that will surely be a good guide to help you through your pageant. I have given you the most important 5 pageant tips on every part of a pageant contest.
Pageant tips during pageant night
pageant tips during the screening
1. Do not wear body make-up. The committee might conclude that you are hiding something and not qualified without that body make-up.
2. Since a pageant screening is a closed-door and a close-up interview, fake eyelashes and heavy make-ups would not do well for you.
3. Know yourself, list down all the things that you want and prepare an explanation for each. Make it sure that you know what you have written in your bio-data.
4. Get a copy of the form as soon as it is available so that you would have the time to check and master your answers on your bio-data.
5. Give the judges concrete reason why you should qualify and leave them with a feeling that they should let you in. Do not forget to thank them after the interview.
Pageant tips during the orientation
1. Knowing the criteria for judging is knowing how to be in a pageant and how to win a pageant.
2. Having the list of sponsors will give you a huge advantage over the other candidates.
3. Give a copy of the schedule of activities to your make-up artist and to your family.
4. Know who the people you will be working with like the production staff, sponsors, and the director. Be careful of not being impolite to them, they may have the power to drag you down.
5. As a general rule in any part of the contest, be generously kind. When all the girls are beautiful, she who is the kindest remains the prettiest.
Pageant tips during pageant activities
1. Be enthusiastic and cooperative in any activity that the committee has scheduled. Keep in mind that you have applied to be a candidate in their pageant. You are lucky compared to those who applied but were not chosen.
2. Be optimistic by all means. Pageant activities can be tiring and stressful and might flare you up anytime without intention in front of pageant staff.
3. Be sociable, but be cautious. You will meet some people you might not know very much and ask for your mobile numbers. You must be prepared on how to handle pageant problems like indecent proposals.
4. Read books about how to present and introduce yourself in different situations. A personality development trainer will be helpful or your ramp and question and answer trainer should know to teach the basics.
5. Mobile phones are important since this is your communication line, but during pageant activities such as visiting some places, it would be unethical to bring out your phone.
Pageant tips during practices
1. Look and listen. Once you have done that, it is time for you to execute it so your body becomes familiar with the movement. Knowing the dance steps is different from performing it.
2. Familiarize the stage platform. Sometimes during the pageant night, there are unexpected adjustments finding yourself in an unfamiliar place. Read lessons about pageant walk so that you will know how to carry yourself and know how to react when you have committed a mistake.
3. Find a chance to practice the steps while on the rehearsal area with another candidate who dances well.
4. Do not be afraid to ask the choreographer’s help or his assistant if you do not get the movements.
5. Practice at home, dance in front of the mirror checking your angles and poses.
Pageant tips during the pre pageant
1. It is nice to have a good sleep before the pre judging day. This is to make sure that you look fresh since most pre judging in pageants do not allow the candidates to wear make-ups.
2. A good pedicure and manicure will save you. Some judges are particular down to your nails.
3. Most candidates who make up to the semi-final round are the ones who know and can express themselves.
4. A down-to-earth personality will find a slot for the semi-final round.
5. A show of interest and determination to win will convince the committee or the judges to let you join the semi-final candidates.
Pageant tips during the pageant night
Pageant tips during the production number and during the self introduction
1. Dance very well.
2. Master your tone, accent and rhythm for your self-introduction.
3. Never look at the other candidates while performing.
4. Yes, you look at the audience, but after looking at them, you stick your attention to the judges.
5. Practice the production segment at home to ensure mastery.
Pageant tips during the casual interview
1. Photocopy the bio-data or screening form you are going to submit to the committee as a pageant material for your preparation for casual interview.
2. Based on your bio-data, list all the possible questions that you can relate to the information you have provided about yourself; favorite color, song, hobbies, ambition, course and their why’s. How can you describe your place and the people there?
3. Make sure you have enough session for your own practice so that you wouldn’t sound rehearsed.
4. Grab the microphone if you know you can answer the question and you are confident. Leave the microphone to the emcee or host if not so that he can rephrase the question for you to give you time to compose your answer. The same applies during the final question and answer portion.
5. Never call the emcee Sir. Do not stutter and stammer, these two do not have a place in beauty pageants.
Pageant tips during the swimwear competition
1. Don’t get nervous, once you did, your ramp speed is affected and you will tend to ramp faster than the beat of the music making you unnoticed by the judges since you will be staying on the stage shorter than the suggested time for swimsuit exposure.
2. Apply the 1 second composure in every routine, post, or pivots to make sure you don’t get out of balance.
3. If you intend to put a body-make-up, make it sure it is light. Once it gets heavy, the judges will already notice it. I still do not suggest lotion to make your skin shining.
4. Do not go to salon for body bleaching. It wouldn’t work; it should be at least five days or more to give you a good skin tone.
5. Flowing hair during swimwear competition. Up-dos hair styling are for the gown segment. It’s not fitted for swimsuit competition.
Pageant tips during the awarding of minor awards
1. When called to receive an award, do not forget to clap for yourself and put your right hand on your heart and bow slightly.
2. Do not hesitate to offer a shake hand. It does not matter who would initiate it. Do not forget to say a line of gratitude like “I really appreciate this.”
3. Help or guide the awarding figure that is the sponsor or judge on how to put your sash. Some are not knowledgeable on where to put the sash on you. You can help them get through their dilemma.
4. If you receive several awards, do not hesitate to turn it over to the pageant staff. However, be safe to leave checks and certificates in your hand.
5. Make it sure you fix the sash or sashes on you. That is one way of giving respect and high regard to what you have received.
Pageant tips during the gown competition
1. Never hold your gown unless there is something there that is really meant to be held by your hand.
2. Do not presume that judges don’t see you when you look down to see what you’re walking through but keep up your jaw and your whole face upright.
3. Gown walk is not always slow; it will always depend on the chosen piece by the pageant director.
4. When you practice ramp with your trainer, make sure there is balance of learning. Oftentimes, swimsuit walk is given priority than the gown walk. Swimsuit walk is much more difficult to perfect because of the catwalk. The candidate during the gown walk should however concentrate to make sure that she walks with ease and comfort. The sound created by the contact of the high heels and the floor should be minimized if it cannot be totally avoided.
5. When doing the gown walk, pretend that you are wearing the crown. It is effective according to most trainers.
Pageant tips during the question and answer portion
1. Answer from the heart. You cannot give a better answer to pageant questions than what comes from your heart.
2. Stay focused and listen to the question very well.
3. Do not grab the microphone from the host if you think you do not have a good idea of the question being asked or else the host cannot rephrase the question for you to have some time to think and compose your answer.
4. Speak using the language you are comfortable in moments that you are very nervous.
5. Wait for the host to say “Thank you” before leaving.
Pageant tips during the announcement of winners
1. No matter what, do not leave the stage if you did not make it to the semi-final round or to the top 5 candidates. Give due respect to the decision of the judges, to your pageant sponsors, organizers, audience, and to your fellow candidates especially to those who won. Execute sportsmanship.
2. Remember the saying, “Different judges; different girls.” Do not be bitter. It just happens.
3. Hold hands with the other top finalists. It’s a sign of professionalism in pageantry.
4. If you won the crown, do not leave the stage right away, be accommodating to those who would love to take a picture of you. Do not forget to thank the judges, the organizers, and the people.
5. Of all the people, your make-up artists or your trainer deserves the highest recognition and your gratitude. Share the light.
Pageant Tips that you have to follow which I have learned from being a beauty queen maker for almost a decade here in the Philippines where we top the Miss Universe Beauty Pageant Competition.
You have just read the different pageant tips in every part of the pageant. Below is a list of beauty contest tips too that are in random order.
Pageant tips as advises
1. Ramp time is every time.
2. Never look down.
3. Don’t mind the other candidates.
4. You shouldn’t go “battery empty.”
5. You won’t lose anything believing in superstitions:
a. Your tag number should not touch the ground.
b. Wake up facing the right side of your bed.
c. Don’t break anything.
d. Never go back and fourth when you leave.
6. A beauty pageant is a competition, not a show.
7. Expect cold shoulders.
8. Dance and spread your hands.
9. Focus on the judges.
10. Use the bathroom before the pageant.
11. Know how to win a pageant.
12. Move once in a while.
13. Know your sponsors.
14. Some pageants start from the screening.
15. Practice right.
16. Wear heels a day before the pageant.
Pageant tips on pageant facts
1. The crown looks for a naturally elegant girl to fit into.
2. Beauty, Movement, Intelligence, and Confidence will mean crown.
3. The stage is not a place to perform. It is a place where awarding is being done.
4. The Title “Best in Gown” is given to the girl who walks with most ease.
5. The Title “Best in Swimwear” is given to the hottest girl who is most “comfortable” to look at.
6. The girl who answers questions on the tenth-time gets the “Best in Casual Interview”.
7. A candy may cost a vote for “Miss Congeniality”.
8. Being early means “Miss Personality”.
Pageant tips as reminders
1. Never call the emcee “sir.”
2. Know all When to say “That’s all. Thank you.”
3. You answer right away by repeating the question in declarative form.
4. You answer in complete sentence.
5. If the emcee asked you a “yes-or-no question,” he also would like to ask “Why?”
6. If you were asked, “how are you doing?” do not return the question.
By now, it is needed that you follow these pageant tips in order for you to have a good fight for the crown.