Before or even you are already in a beauty pageant competition, you will always find yourself searching and asking these questions; “How to win a pageant?”, “What are the things that I must do to win a pageant?”, “ What are the things that I must know to win this pageant?” or “How could I win this pageant?”.
Below is a very long article to answer your questions. Because there is no shortcut or no short answers to these questions. It is a comprehensive article containing tips on how to win a pageant .
A) Consider Things Before Joining A Beauty Pageant
1. Do the reporting at school whenever there is a chance. This is a good avenue for you to develop your speaking skills.
2. Join the student government in your school. This exposes you to great personalities to whom you can learn from.
3. Take good care of your health and beauty. You will never win without that.
4. Join a dance or performing arts group. This enhances your body movements which will help you improve your poise on the stage.
5. Attend as many social gatherings as you can. This will test you how comfortable you are in carrying yourself within the crowd. Make it sure you stand out of the rest as if you are competing against all of the people there.
B) Things You Must Have To Win A Beauty Pageant
Before joining a beauty pageant, it is necessary to meet some requirements or standards before pushing into it. Or else, the other candidates will be ahead of you from the very beginning or worse, you will regret why have you not discover this article long before. Here are five must-have to be a beauty queen:
1. Do you have the beauty?
Physically, you really have to be more beautiful or more prettier than the other girls. I know that you know how you stand in the presence of the other candidates. You can see that, feel that, or hear that from what other people are talking about. It does not matter if you have a fair-skin or dark-skin.
Once accepted and seen your fellow candidates or learn about who would be your competitors, evaluate right away if you are going to push or withdraw your application. Be honest to yourself.
2. Do you have the confidence and the intelligence that both stems from knowing yourself very well?
Know yourself. I mean can you answer all questions that ask your opinion? Are you that strongly opinionated in all matters? If yes, then you are almost ready to win. Confidence and intelligence is greatly caused by being strongly opinionated in all issues be it about yourself, ( Who is the most influential person in your life?) or about others (How can you help women advanced their rights?). Confidence and intelligence help and add your physical beauty to be more stunning out of the rest of the applicants.
3. Can you follow a dance step very well under time constraint?
Pageant is known to be grace and poise under pressure. You have to look fresh in all angles even after a dance. So, can you manage to genuinely smile even right after the end of your production number? If you look tired, does it show or you can greatly hide it? Well, it would be better to have a good stamina then to do and finish the different routines, pivots, and turns. Do exercise like jogging so you don’t get easily tired and look tired as well. In that way, you do not have to pretend or hide anything. And usually, those who can dance well can walk well.
4. Do you have any talent ready to be presented?
Rush practice lowers your chances to making impression. If, you have joined a pageant that requires and assumes that all of their candidates are kind of a singer, dancer, violinist, pianist, magician and other some tricky and entertaining personages, well, goodluck to you. (LOL)
5. Do you have enough budget to make it through?
Joining beauty pageant is expensive. It can make you broke specially in small pageants that do not draw attention of sponsors. You will end up renting or buying your own clothes. My advice? You do not have to win small pageants in order to win big pageants.
As what I have observed, there are three types of candidates who always find place or slot for the semi-final cut-off i.e.
1. The candidate who can best expressed herself compared to the rest of the contestants;
2. The candidate who has or who shows the greatest interest or determination to the committee that she would really do everything to make it to the top; and
3. The candidate who appeals to be the most kind and down-to-earth among the rest. Remember, when all the girls are beautiful, the most kind will seem to be the most buoyant among the candidates.
My advice, be all of them. If not, be one of the three.
C) Five Questions To Answer Before Winning A Beauty Pageant
Before joining a beauty contest, you must be able to honestly answer the following beauty pageant questions:
1. Why are you joining this contest?
If you cannot answer this yet, think about it. Why are you really joining this contest? I am sure you have many reasons.
2. What is your edge over other applicants?
If you know the role and responsibility after winning the pageant your into, is not that a good advantage or edge over the other candidates? Being sure of what your joining and aiming for? What about your college course or your profession? Can you figure it out on how to make it an advantage over the other candidates?
3. What do you think would be your role if you win the title?
I would not like an applicant who do not have any idea of what would be her role if she wins. Candidates who do not have time to know about the pageant but only after prizes, popularity, and exposure.
4. How can you promote us?
Pageants are there to search for somebody who can serve as official representative or promoter of a certain sponsor or state. Not knowing who is behind the pageant’s existence is not a good impression to those who would be screening you who are usually official representatives of the pageant financers or sponsors.
5. Can you tell us something about yourself; your character, ambition, hobbies, interests and your family?
This is supposed to be the most easiest. It is all about you. How can you not answer this well? If you cannot, maybe it is time for you to think if you are really sure if you do want to join the pageant and win. If yes, then please make sure that you have passed the first five questions I have posted on B) Things You Must Have To Win A Pageant.
D) Knowing The Criteria Is Also Knowing How To Win A Pageant
Knowing the pageant system, sequence, program or whatever they may call it is one of the requirements for you to know to help you win a pageant. These systems are actually based on what we call beauty pageant criteria. These are some considerations that the judges are looking into when choosing the winners. I have observed these in general and are arranged according to importance.
To win the semi-final round, consider these factors:
There are two usual ways on how pageant semi-finalists are chosen. These are the pre-pageant, no-make-up, closed door interview a week or even hours before the pageant, and casual interview on the pageant night or sometimes during the talent night competition.
1. Maturity or content of your pageant answer.
2. Beauty which comprises facial attributes, complexion, figure and voice. 3. Your fluency in English which includes manner of delivery and confidence. 4. Ramp skills and stage presence that makes you buoyant among the pageant candidates.
To win the final round, consider these factors:
1. Beauty which comprises facial attributes, complexion, figure and voice.
2. Maturity or content of your pageant answer during the question and answer portion.
3. Your fluency in English which includes manner of delivery and confidence.
4. Poise and bearing during the gown competition.
Any other criteria that will be added will depend on the pageant you are into. You must mind asking a copy of the criteria and the pageant sequence and system they are going to follow as part of your pageant preparation checklist.
Getting the criteria gives you idea where the fight is. Is this pageant giving much more points to ramp skills and confidence? Or is it mainly on one’s intelligence? Do they prefer fair-skinned candidates? Do you really have to be that tall?
These criteria or factors on how to win a pageant might have been itemized, but the presence or absence of each item could not be underestimated on its effect. The judges are looking for someone who is a complete package to be able to serve her roles and responsibilities well as a title holder.
E) Important Suggestions To Win A Beauty Pageant:
1. Hire a pageant coach for consultation a year before.
Pageant coaches are expensive. That is what they say. Would it be expensive if they offer services that are worthy or maybe more than the worth of every penny you will spend? Practice right with the right beauty queen maker.
Do not go with spoilers who would promise you to provide or will take care of all these stuffs. Is there someone who has a talent in doing your make-up, your dance number, your answering to pageant questions, your ramp skill polisher, and your wardrobe designs all at the same time? Those who just focus on one thing or two are most likely better than those who has a knowledge on all the things that you need.
2. Watch the pageant a year or years before the season you are joining.
Being there even as an audience will give you a feel and insight of the actual pageant.
3. Practice before the screening not after the screening.
To ensure not to get rushed, it would be better to start early than late. Practicing after the screening would not amount to much. This is because the pageant you will be joining will have a strict and hectic schedule too and you really do not have much time to improve yourself. You got no time to focus specially on dealing with Pageant Interview Questions. This lesson entails time and focus to master it.