The Anatomy of Pageant Interview Questions enumerates the different sources of pageant questions to make things clear and easy for you.
Pageant interview questions can spur candidates to be hysterical. Who will not? Even delegates who are honors in their own chosen field of studies cannot help but feel and obviously hide the intense feeling during the demanding question and answer portion. The best way to combat one’s fear in Q&A is to understand its anatomy and very nature.
What makes this portion very challenging? It is because nobody can actually guess the interview questions. There is a vast field where Pageant Interview Questions may come from. To narrow down this field and help pageant delegates, I have categorized pageant interview questions based on the commonly asked type and termed this article as “Anatomy of Pageant Interview Questions”. So here are the 10 categories of pageant questions below. Read so that you will be guided.
Role and Responsibility Pageant Interview Questions
1. These pageant interview questions will ask you what would be your contribution to help in solving a particular social problem or ask you what would be your role to a certain group like community or organization. The best way to combat these pageant questions is to think days before the pageant, about your roles and responsibilities as a youth, a citizen, a beauty queen, or a promising leader. Think how could you help in your simple or creative means to contribute a difference. Be innovative because judges do not like overly used answers.
What is the biggest challenge to the youth today?
The biggest challenge to the youth today is on how to respond to the challenges of the 21st century. Responsibly assuming some serious and key leadership roles such as holding a beauty title, being a local official or being a young businessman; who might turn into a successful entrepreneur and provide jobs to the people.
Social Issues as Pageant interview Questions
2. The second type of pageant interview questions is “Are you in Favor Questions” that deals oftentimes with social issues. These pageant interview questions usually start with ‘are you in favor’ that is why I termed it that way. It gives you at least four possible answers, whether to agree or not to a particular issue or you can always stay neutral if you want to or may agree however with some conditions.
Are you in favor of the Reproductive Health Bill?
The Reproductive Health Bill has become an issue to both the government and the Church. However, since contraceptives are sold now in the market, at least it should be sold properly. Contraceptives should only be sold to married couples by providing marriage ID’s and any violation thereof by the seller or by the buyer should be sanctioned and punished by law so that the youths would think twice before engaging in pre-marital sex and suffering unwanted pregnancy as a result. If this is considered on the RH Bill – I will be in favor of it.
Situational Pageant interview Questions
3. The third one is a favorite too during pageants also known as “The ‘If’ Questions”. These pageant interview questions ask what you are going to do if you are in such a given situation. Oftentimes, the judges set the choices or limits for your answer. However, be keen and smart in answering because these pageant questions measure one’s wit and maturity.
If you are to choose between a doctor and a lawyer, whom will you marry?
If I were to choose between a doctor and a lawyer, to whom I will marry. I would not be basing my decision according to their profession. For me, their profession does not matter as long as the person is sincere, truly loves me, and is presentable to my friends, family and especially to God; he would be the best person to marry me. (The candidate answered out of the choices and it sounds okay)
If you will rank the following, namely wealth, health, and family, according to their importance, how will you rank them and why?
If I will rank wealth, health, and family, I would rank my family as the most important one. I could sacrifice wealth and health in any circumstance, but not my family. Second in importance for me is wealth, because I am ready to lose my health, and my personal happiness, just to see my family in good condition. (Unexpected twist in answer but it portrays reality and maturity – a positive point for the candidate.)
Definition Questions in Pageant interview
4. The fourth classification of pageant interview questions for me is what I termed it as Definition Questions because it directly asks the definition of a word. You should be ready to give a short but meaningful definition being asked. The most common word being asked are winner, woman, love, sportsmanship and success.
What is “sportsmanship” for you?
Sportsmanship for me is the ability to gain the respect of everybody, to become a “friend” to everyone in that particular engagement, regardless of winning or losing the competition.
Timeless & Current Issues as Pageant Interview Questions
5. This category is under “Social Issues as Pageant Interview Questions”. There are questions in pageant interviews that are long time issues and are still unresolved or will never be resolved. Hence, it knows no time boundary. Such questions are described as “timeless issues” while the other one is called “current issues”. Issues that died a natural death or we simply refer to it, as “past issues” are not being asked in pageants anyway.
What can you say about pre-marital sex?
Pre-marital sex is never good or moral. The purpose of sex is the marital obligation of a man and a woman who are blessed and sanctified by the church to produce offspring for continuous existence of man and to have a happy and God-fearing family.
Government and Leadership Pageant Interview Questions
6. This category of pageant interview questions will always be present, as judges cannot help asking questions related to economy, leadership, public figures, and government projects that need the attention of the public.
What bothers you most about what is happening in the country today?
Our government leaders are so busy forging foreign relations, law-makings, politics and graft and corruption cases, while millions of (nationality) are struggling in order to provide food for their family during meal time. I believe that the government should be bothered and worried about those poor families and the less fortunate in our country all the times. Eradicating poverty must be considered above all as number one priority of our government leaders.
Famous Personalities as Pageant Interview Questions
7. Another category is what I termed it as “Personalities”. Beauty pageant delegates are often asked for personalities that they admire most, to whose famous personality they are parallel with, who is the sexiest man alive today, and so on and so fourth. It is a good thing to prepare for these questions since your answers will be handy during casual interviews and even during the final question and answer portion.
Who is the most influential person in your life?
The most influential person in my life is my mom. My mother is what exactly I want to be in the future: kind, compassionate and a true epitome of a Christ-like mother. She was able to extend a helping hand and share her blessings to people who are in much need of help. She has become an inspiration to me and to the people in our place and to others who know her.
Pageant Questions on Casual Interviews
8. If you are a would-be delegate, it is basic that you must know the yourself well. These are personal interview questions meant to know who you are. I will give you more pageant casual interview questions and answers:
What is your motto?
What is your other guiding principle aside from your motto?
What is your ambition?
How do you feel right now? Are you nervous?
What will you do if you fail the board examination?
What is your option aside from becoming a future professional of your chosen course?
What is your favorite magazine?
What other magazines do you read?
What is your favorite movie?
What particular TV program do you watch?
What are your hobbies?
What is your favorite sport?
What color will best represent your personality?
What is your favorite subject?
How do you make yourself physically fit?
What do you think is your strength, and your weakness?
What are the steps that you do to excel in your studies?
How do you manage stress?
Who is your favorite comedian?
Can you define to me a happy family?
Can you tell me about your family?
Can you describe to me your ideal man?
What are your plans in life?
Where do you want to work after you graduate?
Do you have plans going abroad?
Who do you idolized?
Who inspire you to take up your course?
How to Promote Tourism as Pageant Interview Questions
9. One responsibility of a beauty queen is to promote tourism in her place. She serves as the ambassador (ambassadress may also be accepted to some) of goodwill and encourages and convinces visitors to come back or consider staying on their place as a citizen and if possible invests. Hence, one of the most asked in beauty pageant is on how you will promote tourism on your place. We shall then call these pageant interview questions as “Describing Places” which falls under “Government and Leadership Pageant Interview Questions” since the very basic of promoting is highlighting your place through vivid description.
How would you promote tourism in _______________?
(As a beauty pageant contestant with a convincing aura of beauty, I could promote ____________ by describing it to tourists and entrepreneurs as…)
It is perfect for me to live in my province located in ___________. (Mention the city, province, state, etc.) is a place where the peace and security rating is always a hundred percent thumbs up. A place where the historical site and its natural resources are rich and undisturbed; a place where beautiful people live in peace, in love, and in harmony helping one another to achieve the community’s projects, goals and endeavors under the good and internationally outstanding leadership of the officials; a place where people revere and fear God; that is ___________! (My home!)
Unlabeled Pageant Interview Questions
10. Some pageant interview questions are funny or unexpected and I do not know where to categorized them aside from naming them as such.
How would you describe the color yellow to a blind man since birth?
Physically, we could not describe the color yellow to a blind man since birth, but since we trust them and believe them to have an extraordinary ability in sensing and feelings things, let us say that color yellow represents the natural color of light- it represents joy, cheerfulness, warmth, splendor and hospitality. With that, we are able to give him a very nice and complete definition and description of the color yellow.
List of the Most Significant Pageant Interview Questions
Here are some pageant interview questions and answers you can use as a guide in preparation for the demanding beauty pageant question and answer portion.
Pageant questions on casual interview
- Explain your motto, “long for love, search for knowledge, and pity the suffering of mankind,”
- What is your other guiding principle aside from your motto?
- What is your ambition?
- How do you feel right now? Are you nervous?
- What will you do if you fail the licensed examination?
- What is your other option aside from your career now?
- What is your favorite magazine?
- What other magazines do you read?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What particular TV program do you watch?
- What are your hobbies?
- What is your favorite sports?
- What color best represents your personality and why?
- What makes a complete, healthy and happy family for you?
- What is your favorite subject?
- How do you make yourself physically fit?
- What do you think is your strength? Weakness?
- What are the steps that you have been doing to excel in your studies?
- Do you believe in the saying, “you cannot impress everybody”?
- How do you manage stress?
- Who is the comedian you wanted the most, and why?
- Define happy family?
- Describe your ideal guy?
- What are your plans in life?
- Where do you want to work when you graduate?
- Do you have plans going abroad?
- Who do you idolized?
- Who inspire you to take up your course?
- How would you describe the person so special to you?
Pageant questions that are most asked
- What is the relevance of beauty pageants?
- Fifteen years from now, how do you see yourself?
- Who is the most influential person in your life?
- If you win in a lottery for millions of pesos, what would you do with it?
- If you had to live your life all over again, what part of your life would you change, why?
- If you were given the chance to live again, what would it be and why?
- If you were given the chance to change something in the past, what would it be and why?
- If God will grant you one wish, what would it be?
- Are you in favor of the reproductive health bill?
- What is your edge over other contestants, and why?
- What skills do you have that could help the society?
- What do you think can be your greatest contribution to the community?
- What will be your contribution to mitigate global warming?
- What do you like most about yourself?
- How would you describe your own personality?
- What is your philosophy or value that you hold dearest in life?
- To whose famous personality do you find yourself parallel with?
- What do you think is the essence of winning this pageant?
- How would you convince the audience and the board of judges that you deserve the title?
- If you will be winning the crown tonight, what will be the very first thing you will do and why?
- What do you think is the greatest environmental problem today and its solution?
- What constitutes true beauty?
- What is “success” for you?
- If you did not make it to this contest, what would you do?
- What has been your greatest achievement?
- If there is one thing you could do to change the world, what would it be and why?
- What are the sacrifices you have made for this pageant?
- What is being “simple”?
- What bothers you most about what is happening in the country today?
- What is your favorite body part?
- If you would be a thing, what would it be?
- Who do you think is the sexiest man alive today?
- What is a “winner” for you?
- What is the essense of a woman?
Pageant questions according to their category
Pageant questions on important fields
- What is the most important value of a leader?
- What are the 3 qualities that a leader must have?
- What can you say about the economy of our nation?
- What is the biggest problem of our educational system?
- What is the importance of internet? Technology?
Pageant questions one should be aware of
- What are the abuses of man to our mother earth?
- How can we attain world peace?
- What bothers you most about what is happening in the country today?
- Among the candidates, who do you find a major threat to you?
- What quality should every candidate possess?
- How does our OFW’s contribute to our economy?
Pageant questions on your role and responsibility
- Why did you join this pageant?
- What do you think is the essence of winning this pageant?
- What would you do if you win the crown?
- In your own way, how can you help in our government’s programs?
- How can you promote conservation of the environment?
- How could you save mother earth in your own little ways?
- How would you convince the audience and the board of judges that you deserve to win the title?
- What is your role as a youth in today’s crisis?
- If you are given the chance to be a leader, what do you think is the best project?
- How will you make a difference in this world?
- What is the biggest challenge to the youth today?
- How can business / entrepreneurship affect the society?
- What is a socially responsible entrepreneur?
- How would you promote tourism in our country?
Pageant questions on social issues
- What can you say about pornographic materials in our society
- Are you in favor of pre-marital sex?
- How would you help in stopping drug addiction?
- What is wrong about abortion?
- Are you in favor of gay marriage?
- Do you think wedding still important to you?
- If given the chance, would you join a fraternity?
- What should we do about prostitution?
- How could we help the out- of-school youth?
- Are you in favor that sex education be integrated in our school curriculum?
- What does nightlife bring to the youth?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of gadgets to the youth?
- Is chastity still important to marriage?
- How could you stop media killings?
- Are you in favor of the proposed additional years in our educational system?
- Are you in favor of the re-installation of the death penalty?
- Are you in favor of the reproductive health bill?
- Are you in favor of the approved increase fare matrix?
- Are you in favor of prohibiting the use of cell phones by the students in schools, why?
- Are you in favor of sex change?
- Are you in favor of early romantic relationship?
- Are you in favor of cloning?
- Should plastic surgery be allowed in beauty contests?
Pageant questions based on a situation
- Would you rather be smart or sexy?
- If given the chance to make an instant change to our planet, what would it be, why?
- If you are given the chance to talk to Mr. President, what would you say?
- Which do you prefer, a male president or a female president?
- If you receive an indecent proposal during the pageant, what would you do?
- If you would be isolated in an island, and given the chance to bring 3 things, what would it be?
- If someday you get married, how do you see yourself, a full-time homemaker or a career woman?
- If choose among the 3, miss international, business woman, or a law-maker?
- If you are a leader, how will you make a difference?
- If you will rank the following, namely wealth, health, and family, according to their importance, how will you rank them and why?
- If you are given the chance to talk to the whole human race, what would you say to them?
- If you would be a gem, what would it be?
- If given a chance to be one of the judges in the miss universe beauty pageant, what question would you ask to the candidates?
- On the night of your honeymoon, your husband confessed to you that he is a gay. What will you do?
- What if you are a hermaphrodite?
Pageant questions on science
- Who among our scientists do you consider the best?
- To date, what do you think is the best invention?
- If you were to become a laboratory apparatus or science equipment, what would it be, why?
- It is said that the language of science is mathematics, explain why?
- Why is science important?
Pageant questions you have to think
- Who do you think is the sexiest man alive today?
- At what point does a girl becomes a woman?
- How would you describe the color yellow to a blind man since birth?
- How would you design bill gates’ bathroom?
- How do they make m&m’s?
- Why are manhole covers round rather than square?
Pageant questions that ask a definition
- What can you say about love?
- What is “sportsmanship” for you?
- What can you say about cyber education?
- What is the importance of one’s skills?
- What is “skill” / “talent” for you?
- What can you say about homosexuals?
Other possible pageant questions
- What do you do at home?
- Who is your favorite actor?
- What is your favorite song?
- Do you have plans in the future joining the world of media, like those of our artist?
- Is the government influenced by religion?
- Do you have a boyfriend?
- How do you handle your suitors?
- Define life?
- How would you promote Filipina to other nation?
- Who are the people unacceptable to you?
- Can you describe to me your dream wedding?
- What is your lucky number and its significance to you?
- What is your ideal fun?
- What can you say about people who think that you’re not intelligent because you’re beautiful?
- What is the best job in the world?
- In the future if you will have a son, what will you teach about women?
- What do you think is the status of women in our country?
- How can technology help or destroy our lives?
- What specific current issues concerning the world made you say, “hey, life is still beautiful.”?
- What do you think can make the world happy?
- Given this situation, what will you chose and why, blind, deaf and dumb, or lame
- If given the chance to be aged, who do you want to be with and why?
- What is the greatest contribution of a man and a woman aside from being a father or a mother?
- If stranded in an island who do you want to be with, a doctor or a lawyer?
- What is the greatest and most important lesson you have learned?
- What ability should you possess as a student at the present time?
- Given the chance to acquire a super power, what would it be and why?
- What do you consider as the greatest gift of God?
- What is your greatest fear?
- If you will one of the Greek gods who would you like to be and why?
How to answer pageant interview questions
The phrase pageant interview questions almost equals the word beauty queen. Beauty pageants give more importance to beauty than intelligence. Intelligence means the knowledge of a candidate about herself and how she expresses this to the judges when being asked of pageant questions.
Pageant interview questions measure intelligence. The biggest factor to consider before declaring a beauty queen is dependent on the ability of the candidate to answer pageant interview questions.
The knowledge about the different types of pageant interview questions is different from the knowledge on how to answer them. There are two major rules for me. First, as much as possible, answer the question by turning it to its declarative form. For example: What is the relevance of beauty pageants in our society today? You must answer like, “The relevance of beauty pageants in our society today is…” Second, deliver your answer to the judges not to the audience.
Now that you already know how to answer pageant interview questions, let us ask now, “What should my answer be like to win the crown? It must be ideal. Second, if the pageant questions that were being asked require that your answer must have social value like your social contribution or your social accountability, then you must be ideal and you must show concern to the society.
Following the third and fourth paragraph of this article is a must. Do not memorized answers. Just formulate your answers to the different pageant interview questions.
Pageant interview questions are in nature ask your opinion on a certain issue or situation and sometimes about yourself. It does not require facts. It requires an ideal and socially responsible answer. It would not hurt you however to used facts, rather, it can also give you a little advantage.
Pageant interview questions are hard to answer. It is highly advised that you do some preparations. Formulating your ideal and socially responsible opinions on different issues will give you much.
Pageant interview questions can range to hundreds or thousands of possibilities. Out of them all, you must be able to answer these 5 most important pageant questions:
Why did you join this pageant?
What do you think would be your role if you win this pageant?
What is your edge over the other contestants?
How would you promote us?
What are your interests, hobbies, and ambition?
Formulating your answers on this pageant questions will save you more than you could imagine.
Pageant questions must not be a thing to be afraid of. The question and answer portion is supposed to be a part of a conversation as quoted from Boy Abunda. Boy Abunda who is the Philippines King of Talk and Miss Philippines pageant questions and answers workshop speaker.
Pageant interview questions can also make you or break you. The only way out is to face, understand, and answer them with conviction and confidence.
I hope that I was able to helped you by classifying and discussing the Anatomy of Pageant Interview Questions and giving you the list of the most significant pageant interview questions. It is about time now that you read our article on How to Win a Pageant and be guided.