The phrase pageant interview questions almost equals the word beauty queen. Beauty pageants give more importance to beauty than intelligence. Intelligence means the knowledge of a candidate about herself and how she expresses this to the judges.
Pageant interview questions measure intelligence. The biggest factor to consider before declaring a beauty queen is dependent on the ability of the candidate to answer.
I do not recommend to memorize answers. Just formulate your answers to the different pageant interview questions. Pageant interview questions are in nature ask your opinion on a certain issue or situation and sometimes about yourself. It does not require facts. It requires an ideal and socially responsible answer. It would not hurt you however to used facts, rather, it can also give you a little advantage.
Pageant interview questions are hard to answer. It is highly advised that you do some preparations. Formulating your ideal and socially responsible opinions on different issues will give you much.
Pageant interview questions can range to hundreds or thousands of possibilities. Out of them all, you must be able to answer the most important of them all:
Why did you join this pageant?
What do you think would be your role if you win this pageant?
What is your edge over the other contestants?
How would you promote us?
What are your interests, hobbies, and ambition?
Formulating your answers on these interview questions will save you more than you could imagine.
Pageant questions must not be a thing to be afraid of. The question and answer portion is supposed to be a part of a conversation as quoted from Boy Abunda. Boy Abunda who is the Philippines’ King of Talk and Binibining Pilpinas pageant questions and answers workshop speaker.
Pageant interview questions can also make you or break you. The only way out is to face, understand, and answer them with conviction and confidence.
The Anatomy of Pageant Interview Questions enumerates the different sources of pageant questions to make things clear and easy for you.
Pageant interview questions can spur candidates to be hysterical. Who will not? Even delegates who are honors in their own chosen field of studies cannot help but feel and obviously hide the intense feeling during the demanding question and answer portion. The best way to combat one’s fear in Q&A is to understand its anatomy and very nature.
What makes this portion very challenging? It is because nobody can actually guess what will be asked. There is a vast field where pageant interview questions may come from. To narrow down this field and help pageant delegates, I have categorized pageant interview questions based on the 10 commonly asked type below. Read it so that you will be guided.
Role and Responsibility Pageant Interview Questions
1. These pageant interview questions will ask you what would be your contribution to help in solving a particular social problem or ask you what would be your role to a certain group like community or organization. The best way to combat these pageant questions is to think days before the pageant, about your roles and responsibilities as a youth, a citizen, a beauty queen, or a promising leader. Think how could you help in your simple or creative means to contribute a difference. Be innovative because judges do not like overly used answers.
What is the biggest challenge to the youth today?
The biggest challenge to the youth today is on how to respond to the challenges of the 21st century. Responsibly assuming some serious and key leadership roles such as holding a beauty title, being a local official or being a young businessman; who might turn into a successful entrepreneur and provide jobs to the people.
Social Issues as Pageant interview Questions
2. The second type of pageant interview questions is “Are you in Favor Questions” that deals oftentimes with social issues. These pageant interview questions usually start with ‘are you in favor’ that is why I termed it that way. It gives you at least four possible answers, whether to agree or not to a particular issue or you can always stay neutral if you want to or may agree however with some conditions.
Are you in favor of the Reproductive Health Bill?
The Reproductive Health Bill has become an issue to both the government and the Church. However, since contraceptives are sold now in the market, at least it should be sold properly. Contraceptives should only be sold to married couples by providing marriage ID’s and any violation thereof by the seller or by the buyer should be sanctioned and punished by law so that the youths would think twice before engaging in pre-marital sex and suffering unwanted pregnancy as a result. If this is considered on the RH Bill – I will be in favor of it.
Situational Pageant interview Questions
3. The third one is a favorite too during pageants also known as “The ‘If’ Questions”. These pageant interview questions ask what you are going to do if you are in such a given situation. Oftentimes, the judges set the choices or limits for your answer. However, be keen and smart in answering because these pageant questions measure one’s wit and maturity.
If you are to choose between a doctor and a lawyer, whom will you marry?
If I were to choose between a doctor and a lawyer, to whom I will marry. I would not be basing my decision according to their profession. For me, their profession does not matter as long as the person is sincere, truly loves me, and is presentable to my friends, family and especially to God; he would be the best person to marry me. (The candidate answered out of the choices and it sounds okay)
If you will rank the following, namely wealth, health, and family, according to their importance, how will you rank them and why?
If I will rank wealth, health, and family, I would rank my family as the most important one. I could sacrifice wealth and health in any circumstance, but not my family. Second in importance for me is wealth, because I am ready to lose my health, and my personal happiness, just to see my family in good condition. (Unexpected twist in answer but it portrays reality and maturity – a positive point for the candidate.)
Definition Questions in Pageant interview
4. The fourth classification of pageant interview questions for me is what I termed it as Definition Questions because it directly asks the definition of a word. You should be ready to give a short but meaningful definition being asked. The most common word being asked are winner, woman, love, sportsmanship and success.
What is “sportsmanship” for you?
Sportsmanship for me is the ability to gain the respect of everybody, to become a “friend” to everyone in that particular engagement, regardless of winning or losing the competition.
Timeless & Current Issues as Pageant Interview Questions
5. This category is under “Social Issues as Pageant Interview Questions”. There are questions in pageant interviews that are long time issues and are still unresolved or will never be resolved. Hence, it knows no time boundary. Such questions are described as “timeless issues” while the other one is called “current issues”. Issues that died a natural death or we simply refer to it, as “past issues” are not being asked in pageants anyway.
What can you say about pre-marital sex?
Pre-marital sex is never good or moral. The purpose of sex is the marital obligation of a man and a woman who are blessed and sanctified by the church to produce offspring for continuous existence of man and to have a happy and God-fearing family.
Government and Leadership Pageant Interview Questions
6. This category of pageant interview questions will always be present, as judges cannot help asking questions related to economy, leadership, public figures, and government projects that need the attention of the public.
What bothers you most about what is happening in the country today?
Our government leaders are so busy forging foreign relations, law-makings, politics and graft and corruption cases, while millions of (nationality) are struggling in order to provide food for their family during meal time. I believe that the government should be bothered and worried about those poor families and the less fortunate in our country all the times. Eradicating poverty must be considered above all as number one priority of our government leaders.
Famous Personalities as Pageant Interview Questions
7. Another category is what I termed it as “Personalities”. Beauty pageant delegates are often asked for personalities that they admire most, to whose famous personality they are parallel with, who is the sexiest man alive today, and so on and so fourth. It is a good thing to prepare for these questions since your answers will be handy during casual interviews and even during the final question and answer portion.
Who is the most influential person in your life?
The most influential person in my life is my mom. My mother is what exactly I want to be in the future: kind, compassionate and a true epitome of a Christ-like mother. She was able to extend a helping hand and share her blessings to people who are in much need of help. She has become an inspiration to me and to the people in our place and to others who know her.
Pageant Questions on Casual Interviews
8. If you are a would-be delegate, it is basic that you must know the yourself well. These are personal interview questions meant to know who you are. I will give you more pageant casual interview questions and answers:
What is your motto?
What is your other guiding principle aside from your motto?
What is your ambition?
How do you feel right now? Are you nervous?
What will you do if you fail the board examination?
What is your option aside from becoming a future professional of your chosen course?
What is your favorite magazine?
What other magazines do you read?
What is your favorite movie?
What particular TV program do you watch?
What are your hobbies?
What is your favorite sport?
What color will best represent your personality?
What is your favorite subject?
How do you make yourself physically fit?
What do you think is your strength, and your weakness?
What are the steps that you do to excel in your studies?
How do you manage stress?
Who is your favorite comedian?
Can you define to me a happy family?
Can you tell me about your family?
Can you describe to me your ideal man?
What are your plans in life?
Where do you want to work after you graduate?
Do you have plans going abroad?
Who do you idolized?
Who inspire you to take up your course?
How to Promote Tourism as Pageant Interview Questions
9. One responsibility of a beauty queen is to promote tourism in her place. She serves as the ambassador (ambassadress may also be accepted to some) of goodwill and encourages and convinces visitors to come back or consider staying on their place as a citizen and if possible invests. Hence, one of the most asked in beauty pageant is on how you will promote tourism on your place. We shall then call these pageant interview questions as “Describing Places” which falls under “Government and Leadership Pageant Interview Questions” since the very basic of promoting is highlighting your place through vivid description.
How would you promote tourism in _______________?
(As a beauty pageant contestant with a convincing aura of beauty, I could promote ____________ by describing it to tourists and entrepreneurs as…)
It is perfect for me to live in my province located in ___________. (Mention the city, province, state, etc.) is a place where the peace and security rating is always a hundred percent thumbs up. A place where the historical site and its natural resources are rich and undisturbed; a place where beautiful people live in peace, in love, and in harmony helping one another to achieve the community’s projects, goals and endeavors under the good and internationally outstanding leadership of the officials; a place where people revere and fear God; that is ___________! (My home!)
Unlabeled Pageant Interview Questions
10. Some pageant interview questions are funny or unexpected and I do not know where to categorized them aside from naming them as such.
How would you describe the color yellow to a blind man since birth?
Physically, we could not describe the color yellow to a blind man since birth, but since we trust them and believe them to have an extraordinary ability in sensing and feelings things, let us say that color yellow represents the natural color of light- it represents joy, cheerfulness, warmth, splendor and hospitality. With that, we are able to give him a very nice and complete definition and description of the color yellow.
The knowledge about the different types of pageant interview questions is different from the knowledge on how to answer pageant questions. So keep on reading and be one step ahead of other contestants.