Pageant preparation checklist after the screening
After making it to the beauty pageant screening you have applied for maybe because you followed my Lesson 1 on pageant requirements before deciding joining pageants. What are the things on your pageant preparation checklist that you have to do now since you are officially in?
Pageant preparation checklist on understanding the criteria
Knowledge on the pageant system and pageant criteria that will be used by the committee should be your first in your pageant preparation checklist. But basically, or generally speaking, they judge you on three areas. These areas are enumerated below:
1. Your physical beauty mainly on your facial attributes, body figure, and complexion;
2. Intelligence based on how you answer (confidence) and what is your answer (intelligence and wit) on different pageant interview questions; and
3. Your ramp skills (confidence) on how you walk in your swimsuit and gown and on how you dance too.
Any other criteria that will be added will depend on the pageant you are into. You must mind asking a copy of the criteria and the pageant sequence and system they are going to follow as part of your pageant preparation checklist.
Pageant preparation checklist on making it to the semi-final
Supposing that you already have the criteria, it is about time to think and focus on the next level. How will I make it and join the semi-final candidates? I believe that is the next question on your pageant preparation checklist you should be asking yourself. Look at the pageant sequence and criteria and you will know how.
There are two usual ways on how a pageant semi-finalists are chosen. These are:
1. Pre-pageant no-make-up and closed door interview a week or even hours before the pageant; and
2. Casual interview on the pageant night or sometimes during the talent night competition.
As what I have observed, there are three types of candidates who always find place or slot for the semi-final cut-off i.e.
1. The candidate who can best expressed herself compared to the rest of the contestants;
2. The candidate who has or who shows the greatest interest or determination to the committee that she would really do everything to make it to the top; and
3. The candidate who appeals to be the most kind and down-to-earth among the rest. Remember, when all the girls are beautiful, the most kind will seem to be the most buoyant among the candidates.
My advice, be all of them. If not, be one of the three.
Do not stop preparing yourself and following your pageant preparation checklist. Please do not get me wrong, when I say do not stop preparing yourself right after you made it to the screening. I mean continue your hard, real, and serious pageant preparation you have been doing before the screening. Once you get into a pageant, you really do not have much time to improve yourself. Pageant schedule is so busy and tiring. You got no time to focus specially on dealing with beauty pageant questions. This lesson entails time and focus to master it.
Pageant preparation checkilist on pageant questions and ramp
If you have not prepared literally before joining the screening, then you have to make most of your time then while pageant activities are going on.
One key thing to mastering how to answer pageant questions is knowing yourself and knowing all the issues around and formulating a very good and stunning opinion about it. Those high quality, ideal, socially relevant and socially concern opinions are now called pageant answers.
Your pageant walk or runway catwalk will gradually develop while you stay on the stage long during your intense and rigid pageant practices for the show. Since you do not have much time to prepare for your ramp skills, then make the most of your pageant practices on the stage. Be real. Always show your pageant walk and be at your performance level on any part of the segment. This will boost your confidence and your pageant walk in just a short time. Do not mind to be copied by the other candidates since no one can ever be better than yourself when somebody else does your moves.
These enumerated pageant preparation checklist are in general in nature. If you have some ways to prepare yourself like watching YouTube videos, or researching pageant articles and essays, then feel free to continue these things.